Synchronicity: the experience of two or more seemingly unrelated events that come together in meaningful ways.
I've heard the word synchronicity before but it never really meant anything to me until this week. I was listening to a teleconference about understanding the spirit of your business and aligning your actions accordingly. The speaker mentioned the word and gave a simple definition. Something in me seemed to open up. It was such a powerful feeling that I had to rewind it and listen to it several times. My awareness seems to have gotten keener and I've become more aware of some of the patterns in my life. Here are just a few of the synchronicities I've experienced over the past week.
1. Only the day after I declared my financial break up with my mother, I found a (legal) way to generate enough income to pay my upcoming car note with no assistance and move up to Chicago. I also stopped avoiding the calls from the bill collectors and was able to negotiate a lower monthly payment. I can't possibly describe how great it feels to take control and support myself in a major way.
2. My friend mentioned that she had been thinking about a specific position in DC. This week that very same position opened up. She expressed interest and the status of the job is pending...
3. This same friend has been online dating for about a month. On her way to work the other day, she saw someone that looked like one of the guys she had been messaging back and forth with. She texted me in a tizzy so I encouraged her to speak. It was him. They exchanged numbers and have been in contact ever since.
4. I've been looking at summer apartments here in Chicago for several weeks. A couple weeks, I guy I have been casually dating (from online) mentioned that he was looking to rent out his spare room. We just met not too long ago so I would never live with him but the running joke between is that he can't give away “my room.” Yesterday, I came across a CraigsList ad that seemed very similar to the way he described his place. As a joke, I replied to the ad with one word, his name and a question mark. I got a response...it was him. I literally LOL-ed. I think I like him...
5. Last night I attended a Bill Clinton foundation fundraiser. At the event, I met a guy who works with an urban educational initiative here in the city. He gave me his business card and told me to email him. I was reluctant to do so....until I was and found out that the very same organization is currently hiring. Needless to say, I emailed him immediately.
Have you noticed or experienced synchronicity in your life? Share below!